Think You Know Ana Hoffman?
Ten Questions: Ana Hoffman
This week, I’m continuing my “Ten Questions” series with internet traffic diva Ana Hoffman. Ana’s Traffic Generation Cafe is an incredible website with lots of great content. She was kind enough to answer my ten questions – so enjoy the post!
1. What made you choose traffic generation as a theme for your site? Is it something you struggled with yourself?
Yes, I started Traffic Generation Cafe out of necessity.
I needed to learn how to drive traffic to my then primary business site and had a hard time finding simple actionable information to help me with it.
2. You went from modeling to blogging. Which one is tougher?
Modeling is by far one of the most difficult things I’ve done in my life.
Even though it’s always nice to see your face on the cover of a magazine, there are many rejections that line the way.
Blogging is not easy, but my success is entirely under my control. If I fail along the way, there’s no one else to blame.
It seems like we spend our lives trying to present ourselves in a better light.
Sometimes even to the point where we forget who we really are. However, this face can’t lie.
This is the best expression of the true me.
4. Even your best friends would be surprised to learn that when you were younger, you _______________
I live in Arizona because I hate being cold.
I hear it over and over again from my friends and family “But you are from Russia! How can you be cold when it’s in the 80s outside?!”
Little they know I used to do ice swimming. lol
5. If I had a friend who never heard of your site and I was going to send him a link to ONE post – the one that you are the most proud of – which post would it be?
I think this post is the most useful one:
6. Mac or PC?
Mac all the way.
7. Favorite TV show of all time?
I don’t watch much TV, but the one show that always made me close my computer (not an easy thing to do) was “24″ with Kiefer Sutherland.
8. If you could only read ONE other person’s blog, which blog would it be? And don’t feel like you have to pick mine to make me feel good! :)
Alex Whalley http://alexwhalley.com/ always manages to make me laugh when I read his blog – as well as teach me a thing or two.
9. What is the biggest goal you have set for yourself this year?
I am more of a goal-getter than goal-setter.
Life taught me not to make plans too far in advance, and I am fine with it.
10. How long could you go without internet access?
I once almost had a breakdown when we got to a hotel in the Rockies and their Wi-Fi access wasn’t liking my computer.
I am a blogging junkie – there, I said it!
Want to learn how Ana generates web traffic?
Who is next?
When was the last time YOU came across someone really interesting on the internet? An entertaining Twitter friend or a photo blogger with incredible images? I’m always on the lookout for more “Ten Questions” participants. Leave me a few suggestions below and I’ll add them to my list!